LEED, the rating used by the US Green Building Council, is the most wide-spread and internationally recognised green building certification. Through a rigorous, documented process that relies on performance and measurement, LEED rewards and certifies best-in-class building strategies and their practices.
We drive the LEED strategy and submission process to ensure each building that we work with is as sustainable and innovative as possible, whilst ensuring that the LEED certification criteria is met and the project is recognised and rewarded as such.
What rating tools are available?
Building Design & Construction
Interior Design & Construction
Existing Buildings: Operations & Maintenance
Each rating is divided into a number of categories with further credits each assessing a specific sustainability initiative to gain points towards a total score. Projects can achieve one of the following ratings, recognised as follows: Certified, Silver, Gold and Platinum.
What are the benefits of LEED Certification?
- Green Buildings consume less of the earth’s limited resources through a reduction in water and energy consumption.
- They also have a reduced impact when it comes to waste.
- Green buildings are healthier for building occupants leading to an improvement in employee/tenant well-being and productivity
- This can also leads to reduced employee turnover and reduced absenteeism
- Green buildings have lower utility costs due to the fact that they consume less energy and water.
- With preventative maintenance, maintenance costs can also be significantly reduced.
- High operational performance, reduced operating costs, reduced dependency on limited resources and a reduced environmental footprint are all elements which lead to a building (and investment) which is future-proofed.
- Green certified buildings are more easily marketed, thereby attracting quality tenants and/or employees, as well as showcasing the responsible practices of your business.
Why Choose Ecolution Consulting to guide your LEED Certification?
At Ecolution Consulting, we drive the LEED strategy and submission process to ensure each building that we work with is as sustainable and innovative as possible, whilst ensuring that the LEED certification criteria are met and the project is recognised and rewarded as such. We have turnkey LEED, energy modelling and commissioning experts in-house who are detail-oriented, passionate and efficient in process-based implementation. We integrate well into the design processes of the project team, having worked on some of the most acclaimed and cutting-edge green building projects in the country. We always look for the most cost-effective ways of achieving your goals and green building certification whilst thinking long-term to ensure a future-proofed and economically sustainable operation. Ecolution is proud to have been deeply involved with Hotel Verde Cape Town’s LEED success story as it became the first hotel in the world to achieve double LEED Platinum certification.