The Premier Foods Facility in Lords View Industrial Park, owned by Equites, was recently certified with a Green Star Custom Industrial and Net Zero-CARBON As-Built rating.
This state-of-the-art sustainable warehouse facility consists of warehouse space, yards, and office facilities, providing a healthier environment for employees through increased ventilation rates and non-volatile organic compound finishing materials.
Some of the sustainable building features include:
- Advanced energy and water metering strategy
- Efficient LED lighting and control
- mix-mode ventilation system of mechanically ventilated and naturally ventilated spaces
- individually addressable lighting with occupancy sensors available.
- integrated BMS system records and logs all the energy and water usage within the building and can be displayed in real-time.
- a Photovoltaic (PV) system on the roof that provides over and above the energy consumption of the entire facility.
- paints, adhesives sealants, and carpets have low VOC emissions.
- efficient water-saving fixtures
- attenuation pond to reduce stormwater runoff
- cyclist facilities for all staff with lockers, showers and changing facilities
- landscaped outdoor seating for staff
- high recycled steel content
- the inclusion of blinds for glare control for occupants