Gateway West, a commercial building situated in Waterfall City, Midrand, has earned LEED Gold certification by the US Green Building Council (USBGC).
Ecolution Consulting was appointed as the LEED Commissioning Agent (CxA) and guided the project team as per the Ashrae 0-2005 standard, and subjected the following systems to the fundamental commissioning process:
- Heating, cooling, refrigeration, ventilation systems and controls
- Lighting and daylighting controls
- Domestic hot water systems
- Water conservation systems
Gateway West offers commercial spaces to let, and offers its tenants a vibrant space that boasts modern architecture mixed with sustainability features such as:
- High-performance facade and envelope
- Energy efficient HVAC system and controls
- Efficient lighting with occupancy sensors
- High efficient hot water system
- Water efficient fittings
- Alternative transport connectivity (bicycle and shower facilities)
The building is one of two identical buildings, and they are mirror versions of each other designed to be visually reminiscent of the ancient concept of gatekeepers to a city. We are proud to have worked alongside the team at Ecocentric on this exciting project.