The brewery, located in Darling, Western Cape, was also the first brewery in Africa to become Carbon Neutral in April 2018 with Ecolution as their sustainability consultants.
Some of the sustainability interventions of the brewery include:
- Water efficient fittings in bathrooms
- Waterless urinals
- Rainwater harvesting from roof which is used in staff ablutions, some general brewery washing and all irrigation demands.
- Wasted process water from the brewing process is captured and reused for floor washing and other cleaning activities
- Ongoing recycling and food waste management
- Sustainable procurement programme
- Use of upcycled furniture and recycled wood in the brewery and Tasteroom area
- Solar water heating
- LED retrofit in restaurant
- Use of natural light in brewery
- Advanced energy and water metering
- Mostly naturally ventilated
- High SRI roof paint used and reflector foil on north-east facing windows to reduce solar heat gain
- Indigenous landscaping throughout the site