In 2016, the Vineyard Hotel expanded to offer three apartment-style suites, aimed at long-stay guests, located on a separate property adjacent to the main hotel building. 4 Bucksburn has now achieved a 5 Star Green Star SA As-Built rating, under the Multi-Unit Residential certification tool.
As long-standing sustainability consultants of the Vineyard Hotel, Ecolution Consulting was tasked with managing the Green Star Certification process.
Some of the sustainability features of the project include:
- Over 70% waste diversion during construction
- Recycled content in building material
- Borehole water used for construction and irrigation
- FSC certified timber flooring
- South African first Solarus Photovoltaic Thermal (PVT) system proving both electricity and hot water for the building.
- 100% Efficient LED lighting
- Highly efficient VRF HVAC
- Occupancy sensors for lighting and HVAC control
- Energy efficient appliances
- Grey water harvesting, reuse and non-potable toilet flushing
- Water efficient fittings, appliances and irrigation
- Advanced energy and water metering available for guests to view
- On-site waste separation
About Ecolution Consulting
Ecolution Consulting is a firm of sustainability and green building consultants who provide expert insights, solutions and consulting services. As a certified B Corporation, we aim to be committed custodians of innovative solutions for the built environment which are rooted in integrated sustainability, focusing on maximizing the holistic benefits that sustainability can provide.
As Green Star Certification consultants, we drive Green Star submission processes to ensure each building that we work with is as sustainable and innovative as possible, whilst ensuring that the Green Star certification criteria are met and the project is recognised and rewarded as such.
Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.”