Unilever Khanyisa, a home-care liquids factory situated in Boksburg, Johannesburg, has received LEED Gold certification by the U.S Green Building Council (USGBC).
Ecolution Consulting was appointed as the Commissioning Authority (CxA) on the project and therefore guided and supported the design team in the Fundamental Commissioning process as per the Ashrae 0-2005 standard.
A few details of the systems commissioned at the Unilever factory include:
- Energy efficient lighting with automatic occupancy sensors as well as day/night switches
- HVAC&R system insulation and efficiency
- Rainwater harvesting plant
- Wastewater treatment plant
- Heat pumps
- Energy efficiency ratings for all pumps and motors
- Sealing of the building envelope
In order to ensure that the installed systems adhered to the requirements of Unilever, all energy-related systems and water conservation systems were subjected to installed and Functional Performance Tests.
We at Ecolution Consulting are proud to have been part of this milestone achievement, working alongside the team at Ecocentric who were the LEED sustainability consultants on the project.
For more information on LEED certification, visit our webpage here.”